Have you ever mixed avocado and chocolate together? If not, you’re in for a treat. Although these two foods may seem like they belong on other sides of the menu, the creamy and rich qualities of avocado actually means it works really well for dessert and especially enhances vegan baking.
We’ve had this chocolate and avocado cookie recipe on our minds for a while now and we’ve been abnormally excited to make them, and share with you just how moist and tasty they are!
To make these vegan cookies we’ve used our own gluten free cookie baking mix with cocoa and almonds. We thought this baking mix made the perfect base because of the nuttiness of both the almonds and avocado, plus the double helping of chocolate with the cocoa powder. All together, these separate ingredients complement each other and seem to taste better and better the more we combine them.
Another reason avocado is such a great thing to add to our vegan spirit lifters cookie baking mix is because it makes them more fudge-like, and strangely enough, taste 100x richer.
These chocolate avocado cookies are so simple and easy to make, plus they’re filled with healthy fats and not much sugar so they won't give you a sugar spike.
WHAT YOU NEED
Superfood Bakery Spirit Lifters cookie mix
Optional: chocolate chips/ nuts
- Preheat oven to 170C degrees
- Combine the finely mashed avocado, egg, honey, and vegetable oil. These are your wet ingredients.
- Then gently stir in Superfood Bakery Spirit Lifters cookie mix into your wet ingredients.
- Feel free to add chocolate chips or nuts to give it more texture
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top has set (don't over-bake!!)